Posts by EraserXIV

Maybe "warm-up" isn't the best term. It implies that it is all due to temperature (which to a certain degree it probably is), but there are probably other factors at play too. Maybe "ramp-up" would be a better term and make it more acceptable to people.   That way we might get a little less: "But I used my infrared temperature sensor that has a error-factor of only 0.001% from my air-chair engineering sofa and it was at maximal temperature in 20 minutes!! This defies all...
Signed up for a trial, like what I hear so far, but $20 is harder the swallow than something like $15 for some reason .
Hm great review to add to the number of impressions we already have, seems to be in line with the consensus in terms of its sound and presentation. Sounds like a great match for hard to drive planars, but not sure it'll be on the horizon for me to pair with the HD800 because of the drier presentation of the mids. Would still love to audition it to hear it for myself though.
Been searching for years for a DAC that can accomplish this correctly and still sound natural... Almost just drooled all over my phone.
Forget the pics, we know what it looks like. How does it sound?
No trades sorry
 Haha yeah, those people who take $10 off and say I'm getting a great deal because I would have to also pay for shipping if I bought it new. Smh.
I have a mint condition MrSpeakers Alpha Dog up for sale. They are essentially in like-new condition. They have less than 20 hours on them since I have been using my open headphones the most. I am the original owner. Bass ports have not been touched, they are at factory settings. It is the most recent tuning with the tuning dots factory installed. Doggie treats included.   All original box and packaging included. All accessories are included: Stand, foam piece, 4x dog...
The Wyrd + Modi2U has been working great for me, it's one of only 2 DACs I've purchased where I didn't spend a week trying to convince myself I didn't waste my money (the other being the Gamma 2). I could happily live with this.
 Get the Modi 2U and save your money until you can afford the Yggy.