Posts by average_joe

Yes, the SE5 is different than Stage and EarSonics products, but more similar to those than to something like the Hidition or Rooth products.  Within each category all the CIEMs have their own defining signature characteristics.  IMO, get someone close and let them pick between a few options knowing their traits.  Thanks.  I try to keep up, and this thread has been moving quickly.  But, sometimes I just need to review :)  I have 2 SE5s and they both have different canal...
 The bottom line is I am happy I was able to be a part of you finding a CIEM you like!  I was listening to the SE5 out of the ADL X1, which is a very transparent amp, even more so than the 627, and I would say it is more neutral and natural than not, but still falls in the organic category.  In contrast, the Hidition Viento-R was much brighter and more analytical.  The SE5 is more difficult to categorize because of the transparency (change with the source and track).  We...
 I will check the PM soon...lots to do :)  Thanks for helping to explain as well as the info on the new JH products.  I know what you mean, and sometimes it is hard to categorize.  More below. Yes, I am interested in the VE6, but my mouth is full and I don't want to shove any more food in there and chew with my mouth open :)  Isn't warmth technically coloration?  The last sentence in the first paragraph to me = neutral and capable (capability is something different and...
 Lol, they don't just cut the high frequency when changing the driver count as they retune the CIEM. The demo of the LS-6 I had the chance to audition was amazing; I really liked the sound signature because it is neutral with plenty of detail yet liquid and musical.  The LS8+ is the upgrade to the LS8, keeping the warmth while improving overall performance.  If you want UM3X sound but more revealing, transparent, and a wider stage, I would recommend looking into EarSonics....
Review of the InEarz IE-P250.  I agree with project86...there are so many variables that some people will just never keep a seal under certain conditions.  For me, the problem is when I lean my head back, such as when I am relaxing on an airplane, I can lose seal with an improperly fitted CIEM.  Luckily, my CIEMs all fit right, typically with only one more try when necessary.  I am contemplating sending my Viento-R back due to the right canal being a bit on the larger side...
 True, but to this day, people still buy copies and pay to see the real thing!  Once you perfected the H8, you started making copies of your masterpiece :)
 I may have to depending on how the Fusion 11 performs, ultimately.  I would give the Viento-R the advantage in detail and articulation, and the spatial presentations are different, but by how much I don't yet know.  If you want a quick, specific comparisons, I can do so...  The ES50 is the exact same as the ES5, except they changed the connector and added artwork options.  As far as the comment on Tralucent, I guess it depends on the skill of the artist (the person doing...
My initial impressions of the Hidition Viento-R with quick comparisons to the NT-6 and NT-6 pro can be found here.  I wonder what specific complaints are.  Maybe they will be apparent when I am comparing the LCM vs. LUF.  I don't have anything to add to piotrus-g's reply about the why not use multiple AcuPass drivers, but when a TWFK is used, there seems to be other bass drivers used in conjunction.  The AcuPass alone, while offering a very good price/performance ratio...
 It is 100% silicone.  I asked for something different than a standard clear or colored shell and this is what I received.  It looks interesting in person and I don't have any complaints.  Coming soon :)  Time is the key here.  I wanted to get some initial thoughts, but the review is a little ways off.   I haven't given the universal much ear time either so I can't say much until I can compare the two.  In my experience, the majority of head-fi people typically prefer a...
Another review preview has been posted, this time for the Perfect Seal Fusion 11 silicone shelled hybrid CIEM, which is worth the read...   Hidition Viento-R impressions are up next.