Posts by average_joe

The Trips are very different than the Reference according to Marc.
 You can ask manufacturers if they can make a CIEM with the MMCX connector (the round swivel one), but if the manufacturer has never done it, they may say it isn't available.
Check out my new musician's buyer's guide. The PRM could work, and that was one of the considerations that went into the concept.  The NT-6 pro does offer boost at both ends, so the treble should work for you, but you will have some added deep bass.  The nice thing about the depth of the bass boost is that it doesn't typically interfere with softer sounding tracks as they typically don't have much deep bass anyways.  The NT-6 may work as well and just use an EQ for the...
It might not be a trombone, but the first (to my knowledge) silicone shelled hybrid CIEM has been made: the Perfect Seal Fusion 11.  Nice coherence and interchangeable plugs allow changing the bass level.  Sure, the UE18 sells, but I can't imagine people buying it after comparing it with other similarly priced products.  I think the UE11 is better, and pretty much everything else in their lineup.  To me, it is like they tried to be all things to all people and ended up...
Hidition announced their new CIEM: the Viento-R.  Four drivers and two switches that control the timbre. I have only heard the UE18 demo about 5 times, but that is quite unlistenable to me and the Stage 4 is better.  Nice description, thanks! That would be interesting to compare, the new VE vs. Rhines stuff.  VE had an impressive build quality also, at least for the demos, but yes, Rhines is excellent!
 No problem, happy to help. It sounds like you could use some "protection" to make sure you get the right IEM/CIEM, regardless of the TOTL status.  I will be by to discuss your options later...  I have often wondered how close any reshell is to the real thing, unless done by the original manufacturer.  Unless you have 2 of something, there is no real way of knowing.  Is impedance really the only important measure?  How about capacitance and inductance?  I would think that...
   I hope so too, but I am making no promises   I will at least post my impressions when they are ready in a much shorter time.  In 1-2 weeks or so...
 Love the artwork and thanks for your thoughts on your CIEM lineup!  There seems to be a wave of hybrids coming to town.  The AAW products are also available with a lower and similar price point.  The Lear BD4.2 was designed to be more accurate than their LCM5 with lower distortion and less coloration.  There is also another company I know of that is working on a hybrid that may have a bit of uniqueness to it.  Nice!  I have the Lear on the way still vs. in my hands thanks...
 Congratulations!  CIEMs can be great, and it the new Advanced AcosticWerkes CIEMs seem like they could be very good for the price.  I will have the opportunity to try their lineup in the near future. More info here and a new thread for discussion here if you want to compare or provide any more info.
 Typically (and since we are human, there is variation and no hard rule), the ear canal is larger when your mouth is opened than closed, and ear canal size is also dependent upon head position.  An example with that experience I have had is wearing CIEMs on a plane.  They are fine when I am sitting up, but when I lean back or chew, the seal breaks.  When the seal breaks, I can hear outside noise and the bass response decreases/general sound quality is worse. While a...