Posts by Anacondastan

Hello I am using WMP 11 where I have tagged most of my library with album art however when I load them onto my player only some of the art transfers with the music files any ideas what's up?
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilS I disagree, but these things are matters of opinion. I owned the Rio Karma (considered one of the "benchmarks") for a long time, and was unable to find anything for several years that was of comparable quality, including the previous generations of ipods. I feel that lossless files on the touch 2g are indeed "audiophile grade" with a decent set of phones. With an portable amp, it's even better. As they say, though,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Covenant Have you had a chance to compare your new S9 to the H340 listed in your sig (provided you still own one)? I had a H320 back in the day, and it's become one of my benchmarks for DAP sound. It's a toss up really, but if I had to pick a winner I'd give it to the S9 or as I am more accustom to the iAudio A7, these are with settings on normal, even though on the 300 series the tone controls cannot be totally...
Quote: Originally Posted by Covenant So your oppinion is that the S9 sounds significantly better than the Touch? Are you using lossless files on both, and with what headphones? I used LAME ripped mp3's at 320kps Super fi.5 Pro, believe me regardless of the source the touch is not and was never meant to be a high quality playback device; it's a mass marketed (massive appeal) gadget. I wish Apple would just make a limited edition Audiophile iPod...
I just got my S9 today and it doesn't even come close to the UI (in terms of intuitiveness and response time) of the itouch, but in terms of SQ the gap is as far & wide for the S9 from the Apple. I simply cannot listen to two songs in succession w/o wanting to scream on the touch. I wish Cowon would implement cross feed circuitry into their design in my opinion that would be a coup. To these ears the touch is a great utilitarian device that plays music too! But it is...
At the end of the day trust your ears more than that of someone other than your own and when/where it is possible try before you buy. This hobby is way to subjective to use any absolutes such as: better, inferior, trumps, poor and the like... Personally if the Touch sounded even close to any of the above named players my search would have ended long along, because frankly to play air hockey and listen to great sounding music simultaneously on the same device is to die...
Bottom line: I'm searching for a player that produces the highest quality of sound, a player that first emphasizes its music over every other feature. I think my ears have finally failed me, because I can't stand the sound out of any Apple player since the the Generation 1 Shuffle. I couldn't imagine recommending the G2 Touch for anyone who considers SQ high on their list of must haves.
I broke the left ear to my wife's pair would like to replace that ear only if possible, but I am willing to purchase the pair if necessary. Thanks in advanced for your help.
TTT
TTT