or Connect

Posts by Pale Rider

Yeah, I am pretty jazzed about 1.3. Right now, I am running a Mivera Superstream. Fiber isolated, runs Roon like a racehorse. Here's a Mono piece about it. The Mivera suite is evolving, and it seems the Superstream Transport is no longer sold separately. But Mike just released the Superserver which will run Roon 1.3 as soon as it is released. Mike Davis is a bit of an iconoclast, and he seems singularly focused on making stuff that is different from what may already be on...
Thanks again for the info Simon and that pic. Very helpful. I know I am in the minority here, but I never got the love for the Aurender. I prefer more control over my server functionality and components. And I am a diehard Roon fan. Anyway, "this year" can't get here soon enough for me. I actually have Roon functionality using the Mivera as a Roon endpoint feeding the USB input on the Select. Would prefer to get that out of the way, even though the combo is very good. I...
Thanks for the update. Very helpful. One of the attractions of the amp (to me anyway) is simultaneous listening. I doubt my partner is likely to be that interested though; headphones are just not her thing. She prefers the speaker system. Glad that you and your wife are able to enjoy that together.   One question I have: how is the amp powered; did it require an adaption/upgrade from the Select II power base, or is it some other way?   I will be trying the Diamond ICs...
Simon, are you still living with the MSB Amp? Any further impressions to report?
I am looking forward to Simon's impressions. Granted, I wish he was able to do a direct comparison between something like the BHSE or a Carbon. But even without that, we should be able to get a clue as to whether MSB is on the right track. Personally, though I love my Select, and MSB has a good track record with other amps, and seems to have excellent engineers, I am skeptical they hit a $37,000 home run on their first at-bat. And I too am a bit turned off by what seemed...
Exactly why I settled on it. I made a decision t walk away from tubes, and that narrowed my choices. I was sorely tempted by the BHSE [especially after such a good experience with the GS-XMk2], but once I came across Mjölnir-Audio, that answered my needs/wants. I think the Carbon CC is slightly better than my two Carbons, each of which is slightly better than my KGSSHV off-board. Love them all.
You likely know all there is to know about this amp. I am selling it to make a little room in my secondary headphone listening station. This is a superb amp, extremely low serial number. I listen mostly to my electrostatic headphones, and for dynamic headphones, I had both this amp and a HeadAmp GS-XMk2. The HeadAmp is more versatile in my setup, permitting both its use for my LCD-4 and HD800 headphones, and providing a pass-through signal to an amp for my Stax headphones....
Given the MSB architecture, it's really difficult to have a true apples-to-apples comparison between an external USB renderer/reclocker and the MSB QuadUSB module. But at the end of the day, if ccschua liked the sound better from something other than the module, the good news is that he gets to make that choice. I don't think that assessment here, as thin as it is with very little to go on, helps me a lot or gives me a reason to invest in additional non-MSB equipment....
Same here. I don't know yet what other changes, if any, have been made in the module. Could be none, I suppose, but given that it requires a module swap, something probably more than just firmware has changed.
You don't know how to edit your signature to reflect your equipment? Okay, fine. Even so, that's not an answer to my question. But I saw in your posts earlier in this thread that apparently you have/had an MSB Analog with the QuadDSD. Great, that's a starting point for comparison.  The two devices are very different, so I am curious how you employed the Singer with the Analog DAC. Into what MSB input did you feed the output of the Singer? And if not into the Analog, what...