Posts by earthpeople

The other thing about the cable though, is that it is perfectly ready for an XLR swap! It's very easy with this cable, and I've seen a few people do it. But oddly enough (IMO at least) there's just no talk about the T1 with any balanced amps. I've been curious about trying balanced for a while, but I don't want to jump in without some ideas and opinions to start from, haha.
So I've noticed there's not a whole lot of discussion about running the T1 through balanced gear. Is there any particular reason for that?
Basically the volume level from your source to your amp is not high enough. Have you tried with any other sources? 
I just saw the announcement on this, and I'm very curious about them.    Hoping for impressions soon!
Snow Leopard to Mavericks is definitely a good jump, especially with all the benefits from 10.7, 8, and of course 9. With it being free, I don't see any compelling reason to stay at SL unless you lose compatibility with certain programs.
try this http://www.head-fi.org/t/506528/ultimate-diy-guide-pinouts-to-everything   haven't had any problems with that 4pin config
 I sure hope Justin has a better method than that, because I've been here all night without posting (read: spamming )
Yeah, I've seen a lot about how the HA-160 and T1 are not a great match.  I actually have been looking into some tube amps, but even using the WA3 price as a baseline, there are so many other amps around that price and so many different opinions about them that I just don't know. DIY isn't out of the question, but there's even less information on those (aside from the Crack, of course).    I'm hoping to make the Seattle meet at the beginning of January, but at the...
Good chance I'll actually be able to make this meet since my winter break is longer this year and I'll be visiting family in Western WA.  Not sure if I'm going to bring all of my gear with me over break though. I'll probably bring stuff that nobody else is bringing, if I own any.