Posts by DestradoImpulse

AAASelling off my set of MC MSTs since I've hardly done anything related to this hobby in a while and found myself other, equally expensive hobbies. Yes, these are legitimate and I have the pictures of a receipt to prove so. The picture of the receipt is only on PM basis only as it has information sensitive to me. These were bought at Fry's Electronics who has a strong working relationship with Monster Cable and is authorized to sell their product. What I have here are...
Greetings Head-Fiers,   Selling off my Qables iQube V1 in great condition as I've decided to cut down on this expensive hobby of ours. I purchased this iQube V1 from TraceyG, another Head-Fier who was the original owner of the item in late April and put roughly 50 hours of use onto it. While I've had it, it did accrue some wear and tear on the rubber parts of the item but other immaculate as shown in the pictures. It comes with everything shown in the pictures and to...
Typecasting as someone above me said. The same thing happened to Bill Murray when he starred in "Lost In Translation" where most of his fans from the comedy movies he was in thought it was trash. I on the other hand thought that the movie was nothing short of brilliant.
A steal would be the priced I paid for mine -- $225 after taxes.   The most telltale sign of fakes is the mesh on the ends being recessed versus being flush with the ends.
I own the MDs and have to play they're one of the more pleasant IEMs I've owned compared to the SE535 and W3. It's not as analytical as the MCs or bassy like the PGs but the sound signature on the MDs are very intimate, alive and the mids are very lush and full.
Not much of a beer connoisseur but I enjoy the occasional Le Fin Du Monde or Hoegaarden. My tastes buds for beer line up well with most Belgian beers as far as I can tell.
The funeral begins soon enough, it's going to be a lot of fun for Real since The Chosen One, Pepe and Ramos are missing.
A week and a half ago I got a iQube V1 from another HFer and put 20 some odd hours through it so far. Initial impressions so far is that it is indeed the king of clarity and transparency helping out a little with the separation of instruments and a larger soundstage that still sounds as intimate as ever. Bass extension also got a boost too and over time I'll definitely write down more impressions and thoughts about bout the iQube and MDs once their burned in properly.
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.   Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.
A bit of a worry: The right IEM on my MDs at times will play at a lower volume than the left IEM until a gentle tap/nudge is given but otherwise they play beautifully.   Luckily, I have a in-store warranty with them where they can be swapped out on the spot but still, Monster QC makes me wonder at times.