or Connect

Posts by Zerketi

One of the cables wasn't locking as tightly on the MMCX connector. It was still electrically connected, but it was much easier to pop out than the other side. Looking closely at it, it was excess rubber that was preventing it from solidly locking. I did trim it and locks much more similarly to the other side now, but SQ wise, the A3 isn't impressing me as strongly as the A2 did and the trimming had no effect on the SQ. 
Thanks to RedJohn's review, now I want to try out a different cable for the LZ A3. My initial impressions out of the box basically lined up with RedJohn, not thinking it was worth for how much it cost.  Right now though I am currently exchanging my pair since Teresa advised me to change out my pair entirely from the early batch, so I'm out on my A3 for a few weeks. This gives me time to possibly look into other cables and eartips setups as more and more people get their...
that's the only hole on the side of the LZ-A3. There is one right underneath the canal chamber if you take off the eartips on each LZ-A3 unit. In total there are 4 air holes, 2 per unit. One is on the side and one is underneath the canal
They are about 2mm from the bottom of the chamfered edge. They are also on the "bottom side" with the L, R, and Logo facing up right. The concave surface (curving inward) should be facing the bottom and that's where the holes are, the convex surface (curving outward) should be facing up towards the ceiling if you laid them down on the sides
I posted in the LZ-A2 thread, not knowing there's an LZ-A3 thread already haha. I got mine about 4 days ago, still doing burn in for the past few days. I went back to the earlier pages on the thread and noticed there was something about LZ issuing new cable replacements for the early batches. I ordered mine through Shenzhen HCkexin on March 7th, but didn't receive until the 17th. So far my only problem with the cable is one side doesn't lock "click" while the other side...
While I was swapping out the default tips of the LZ-A3, I just realized how long the nozzle shaft was compared to the A2 and how much smaller. Below I am using the Spiral Dot JVC Medium Small eartips. LZ-A3 basically eats up the eartip while LZ-A2 gets eaten. The included wide-bore eartips are actually too big in that the shaft can move around inside, losing a lot of bass quantity unless you jam it in your ear.   Note/Disclaimer: this is my own listening experience. The...
Heya all, the last time I posted here was I supposed to do a comparison between the two LZ-A2s I got since one sounded different than the other and looked a tad different in manufacturing. I ended up passing them to my friend his pair and never got around to do the test/photos of them since no time. Since the A2s are discontinued now, more or less that probably won't happen. I might do the sound graph of the LZ-A2 to see how mine compares against the other people who...
I'll try to get pictures of the differences, but I want to get calipers to make sure I am not crazy about seeing a slight difference in height. I do know for sure the mesh is different, but it is a bit hard to get the photo "right" since it can only be seen at an angle. Hopefully I'll get something out this weekend.I already intend to send the "faulty" pair back, but I bought the Veritas tester yesterday. If I am lucky, I could try testing out between the two and figure...
After burning them in, I want to say the vocals toned down a tiny bit, but the lack of the "alive" feeling or bass quantity fun isn't there. I took a closer look at both of the IEMs and noticed a possible tiny difference in plastic shaft's height and angle. Also one of the mesh seems to be a bit thicker than the others as I can slightly see the driver pieces in the shaft while one of them I can't at all. The one I have a preference on has a slightly shorter shaft and a...
Yes both are the mic version. Running the 2nd pair non stop since yesterday and will try them later today or tomorrow.Personally I was going to go pick with the non-mic version, but my friend convinced me anyway. The difference was like $1-2 more yeah. Not sure if introducing another wire piece would affect the SQ.