or Connect

Posts by one-eyed-xander

Great fun, thanks to the organizers. My 13-yo son and I made the trip from NJ. Highlights for me were the Ether Electrostats, just amazing. Ethers in general actually!   Thanks again, we'll be back.
Please consider buying my Sennheiser Momentum Black headphones. They are in great condition, having been used pretty sparingly since I bought them new from Amazon in late 2013. They still have the protective plastic around the cups, because I couldn't decide whether I was going to keep them or not! I finally decided... :)   Included is everything from the original purchase: box (slightly crushed), two cables (one with and one without remote), headphones and the hard...
Turns out it went great. Got a new refurbished unit with a new case and everything! (I had previously lost mine on a train...)Nice job, thanks Sennheiser!
Hi - it's been hard to keep up with the latest on this thread. Can someone please summarize the general consensus, particularly regarding the Pulse X (non-fi)?   Personally I'm reasonably happy with this device. It seems to work fine - although I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with a direct comparison to my previous rig (NuForce Icon HDP / Emotive m-100). In fact my cat decided that I needed to upgrade to a balanced cable termination for my HE-500s, so now it's...
Great review! I'm a similar age and with similar taste in music, and I've been enjoying my Momentum in-ears on my daily commute for a while now. I would only disagree slightly with your choice of wearing the cables straight down, hooking them over my ears works just fine for me. Also serves to shorten the slightly too long cable.   Agree also that experimenting with tips is a good ideal, although in my case it has been slightly involuntary as the stock tips tend to fall...
As of right now the iOS version is listed on Amazon for $74.58 - but out of stock of course.   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3RFFZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   I dunno, sounded like a good deal to me.
New house, new listening station. Audio is from Mac Pro out of shot, controlled using Apple's Remote app on iPad. Optical out to NuForce Icon HDP, then to Emotiva Mini-x, and home-made speaker taps to HE-500 (in shot hanging from convenient hook). Chair is (of course) an Ikea Poäng - cheap but really comfortable. All this plus tasty beverage at hand = bliss.  
After a few weeks with the 315s, I agree that they are not an improvement over the 215s in terms of sound quality.   In some ways I think I actually prefer the 215 sound, but there's not much in it. Certainly don't pay the extra money for the 315s.
Pending sale...
  Here's my current setup. 2008 Mac Pro (not pictured obv) optical out into the NuForce Icon HDP. Then via some crappy interconnects into the Emotiva Mini-X. Home-made speaker taps into a female 1/4" jack, then stock cables to HE-500.   The HE-500 is resting on my home-made (actually kit-built) speakers. These are normally driven by a Lepai 2020+ but I haven't got them hooked up yet since getting the Emotiva.   I like home-made stuff - plan on doing more. Those...