Posts by El_Doug

Realforce 55g user here - love this thing with a passion!  I really wish you hadnt mentioned that there were dyesub keys for it though... now I'm going to have to spend more money this month! 
That's a HUGE amount of money to just plop down without listening to any of it :/  Sounds more like youre seeking validation for your expenditure, more than anything else.    That being said, the WES sounds pretty good with the 009s, at lot better than it does with the 007s.      All in all:  Nice transparent DAC, best headphones ever, rather weak and overpriced amp (and I would know, I owned serial #1), and $2k pieces of $20 wire.  Don't really know what else you...
 huh?  of course the LCD-2 is considered summit-fi
I'd stick with the LCD-2 until youre ready to go into stats
If you REALLY want a comment...    There is a damned good chance that your mind cannot accept the idea of sand sounding as good as tubes.  The glow excites you and, after many years, you have developed a bias that only their "tube warmth" can give you sonic bliss.  What you do not realize is that the "tube warmth" is not an intrinsic quality of the tubes, but rather of the circuit topologies used.  For instance the BHSE's use of tubes should actually give more of a "solid...
Foam inserts generally attenuate far better than acryllic.  I know sticking 3M foamies in my ears makes the world a heck of a lot more quiet than using my JH13's.      That being said... if the sounds of the world, in and of themselves, are driving you nuts, have you considered some kind of medical advice? 
youll need two optical cables for a proper differential signal - some pro audio cards will give you this option.  without it, youre only getting an SE signal in the digital domain, and won't get the full audio benefits.        ...just kidding, what you suggest is indeed fully balanced. 
That's because Whiplash is a snake-oil cable company that have 2000% markups.  If you really need an adapter, you can easily build one yourself, or buy one for $15.    The odds of a different DAC fixing this problem, in and of itself, is minimal.  Yours is one of the very few cases in which going truly balanced WILL probably stop the noise, since this kind of chatter is usually picked up by single ended cables like an antenna.  To do so, you will need a balanced DAC,...
you might want to get some pedals on there ;) 
Blue Jeans Cables will make you something custom, are practical, and very reasonably priced.  Made in the USA