Posts by El_Doug

ugh... decided to make a login since I was tired after reaching half way through silver, and wanted to continue tomorrow...    of course, it starts you at the beginning!!!  I don't know how much more Claude Pelouse I can handle
BHSE w/ RK50 attenuator, blue, wired for North American voltage.  Perfect condition, all original accessories and packaging.    Just bought a condo, wife wants hardwood floors installed... so this will have to help pay for it.  And really, ever since getting Quad ESL speakers, I've turned the thing on maybe 10 times over the past year.    CONUS strongly preferred simply due to the size of the box.  Paypal or wire. 
Mint condition, purchased from Elusive Disc, authorized USA seller.  All original packaging, manual, etc. included.  Priced for a quick sale.  Pics to be uploaded tonight once I'm home from work.    Just bought a condo, wife wants new hardwood floors... and ever since getting Quad ESL speakers, these have never left the box.      Paypal or bank transfer accepted. 
 that's not how sampling works... /facepalm
 The cartridges cannot usually be refilled, since they are simply pierced on the top, and do not have a valve (such as a scuba tank would).  However they are usually made of steel, and can thus be recycled easily!  And remember, the CO2 in them is simply extracted from the air, not generated through any kind of chemical reaction - so you are essentially taking it out of the air, and then putting it back into the air, for a net CO2 emission of zero. Now granted, a minute...
You are correct.  I honestly laugh every time I see people say "wow, such high impedance, you really need a super powerful amp!" - i stopped trying to educate people, because no matter how many times you try explaining it, the pop-rumor will always prevail.  Speaker guys understand this, though.  They know that their 2ohm speakers need the worlds beefiest amps compared to standard 8ohm models
Fun!  I made a headphone amp out of a Charlize a few years ago, it worked fantastically... don't recall the resistors i wired in parallel to the output, but using a transformer might be quite a bit of fun too! 
You had to know what you were getting into with the layout when you bought it :P 
 Blue is the color all the COOL KIDS get ;)  It's actually quite lovely, a rather bright yet deep blue.  Certainly nothing youre used to in audiophile gear, but it will make you smile :)